Contact Lens Guide
As eye care specialists at Ocuwear, we never recommend replacing your eyeglasses with contact lenses. However, by having contact lenses as an available option, you can now choose what to wear and when to do it.
Most contact lenses come in two options for wearing schedules:
- Daily disposable contact lenses are only to be worn for a single day. You open a new package when you want a new pair, and toss them out at the end of the day. In most cases, these are the best option for occasional contact lens wearers. Daily disposable lenses do not require maintenance, cleaning, or solutions.
- Monthly/bi-weekly contact lenses are designed for people who wear contact lenses more often. In most cases these lenses cost less, but require maintenance. Users need to store these contact lenses in special solutions so they won’t dry up or attract bacteria.
Contact lenses are now available for most prescriptions. Whether you have astigmatism or need multifocal lenses, there are now options for you to wear contact lenses.
Another fun aspect of soft contact lenses is being able to change the colour of your eyes. Learn more about coloured contact lenses here.
Watch this video for tips on how to insert and remove contact lenses.
For more resources regarding contact lens care, solutions, and general eye health please visit My Eyes.
Here is some information on the contact lenses we carry. As always we are more than happy to answer any contact lenses questions. If you are looking for something specific let us know, and we will try to provide you with as much info as possible.
- ACUVUE: Offers many products including ACUVUE OASYS with Transitions Light Intelligent Technology.
- Alcon: Offers a variety of contact lens products including PRECISION1 and its SmartSurface® Technology.
- Air Optix: From clear to color to extended wear, AIR OPTIX offers a full family of lenses to meet your needs.
- CooperVision: Product lineups include Proclear and Biofinity to fit your unique vision, lifestyle and budget needs.
Feel free to contact us at Ocuwear if you have questions about wearing contact lenses. We offer free trials for those who never had contact lenses, or for regular contact lens wearers who are looking for a better fit.